Launching of the ALFP e-magazine: Voices of Asia
We are pleased to announce that the Asia Leadership Fellow Program (ALFP) has launched an online magazine called Voices of Asia. Through this magazine, we hope to disseminate the thought of public intellectuals, mainly the ALFP fellows, working in civil society, as well as information directly from experts in their fields, including on the grassroots realities of Asia which the mainstream media do not always cover.
Each issue will center on a theme pertinent to Asia and/or the world. The theme of the first issue is “democracy,” and the authors below share their thought and accounts on this theme with their own fresh perspectives.
We plan to deliver this online magazine every 3 months. We hope that the essays and columns by ALFP fellows and friends from Northeast, Southeast and South Asia will provide food for thought, as we discuss the present and future of Asia, as well as what we can or should do for the betterment of the society we live in.
Contents of the first issue:
Overview by Kunda Dixit (Editor and Publisher, Nepali Times / Nepal)
Articles contributed by:
● Kunda Dixit (Editor and Publisher, Nepali Times / Nepal)
● Goenawan Mohamad (Essayist; Playwright; Founder, Tempo / Indonesia)
● Chito Gascon (Chairperson, Commission on Human Rights of the Philippines / Philippines)
● Ako Tomoko (Associate Professor, University of Tokyo; ALFP Advisory Committee Member / Japan)
● Mahendra P. Lama (Professor, Jawaharlal Nehru University / India)
● Lee Taeho (Chair, Policy Committee, People’s Solidarity for Participatory Democracy / Korea)